Concrete homes being built today offer you strength and durability combined with style and endless concrete house design possibilities.
Concrete houses are known for their cost saving features and by using insulated concrete forms (ICF's) a home built with concrete can be designed to look just like a wood framed house.
In addition to reduced heating and cooling costs, homes built with concrete can withstand the forces of mother nature, like hurricanes and tornados, much better than traditional all wood construction homes. In most cases, a concrete house has just cosmetic exterior damage after experiencing a fierce weather related event.
With today's innovative concrete building systems you can build beautiful concrete houses in any style with all the added benefits like energy efficiency, safety, and peace and quiet. Concrete is simply a better way to build a better home.
1. 30-70% savings in energy consumption and costs (good for your pocketbook and the environment)
2. Tornado, hurricane and earthquake resistant (keeping your family and belongings safe and sound)
3. 75% reduction in outside air infiltration (less dust and allergens)
4. Three times quieter than a wood-frame home
5. Building with ICFs saves at least ten trees per home
6. ICFs can be used to build virtually any style concrete house plan, using any finish - brick, stucco, wood siding, and more. Exterior finishes and sheetrock are fastened directly to the polypropylene webs (studs) located on 6" centers.
7. Electrical and plumbing lines are chased directly in the foam insulation, eliminating the need to furr out walls.
Affordable Homes Built With Concrete
Within the last decade many homeowners, builders and architects have come to realize the superiority of the ICF home and the ICF boom is under full swing.
By 2015, ICF concrete houses are expected to make up 15-25% of all new homes built. More and more homeowners are looking for quality-built homes that will save on heating and cooling, and also withstand natural disasters.
As the oil prices continue to rise, more and more homeowners are seeing that inferior quality, stick-framed homes are eating into their retirement funds, while the minimal cost to heat or cool an ICF home may afford the concrete home owner an entirely more comfortable standard of living.
Learn about another interesting kind of house CONCRETE DOME HOMES.
Click on CONCRETE HOUSE PLANS to find information about building different styles of homes using concrete construction.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!