How much does stamped concrete cost? The cost of stamped concrete varies quite a bit between stamped concrete contractors. I know, I stamp a lot of concrete each year with my company Day's Concrete Floors, Inc. I hear about the different range of prices for stamped concrete from the
builders, homeowners, contractors, and landscapers I work for.
When I estimate the cost of stamping concrete, I include many things in my price and some things are extra. I'll break down the cost of stamping concrete for you, like I would for a customer, so you'll know what to expect and what questions to ask when you search for stamped concrete prices in your area.
What does my stamped concrete cost include:
BASE PRICE OF $8.00 - $12.00 DOLLARS PER SQUARE FOOT
1. 4 INCHES (THICKNESS) OF 4000 PSI CONCRETE
2. REBAR MAT TIED 2 FOOT ON CENTER FOR REENFORCEMENT
3. FIBERMESH IN THE CONCRETE FOR REENFORCEMENT
4. 1 INCH OF STYROFOAM UNDER THE CONCRETE
5. LABOR TO FORM THE EDGES WITH 2x4's OR 2x6's
6. LABOR TO POUR AND LEVEL THE CONCRETE
7. LABOR TO STAMP THE CONCRETE WITH ONE PATTERN
8. ONE COLOR FOR THE CONCRETE
9. ONE RELEASE AGENT COLOR
10. SAWED CONTRACTION JOINTS
11. CLEAN THE CONCRETE
12. TWO COATS OF CONCRETE SEALER
Those are the materials and labor included in my stamped concrete cost for 8 - 12 dollars per square foot. The reason for the 4 dollar range is
some stamp concrete jobs are more difficult to form, require multiple pours, some colors are more expensive, require covering existing buildings
to keep clean, etc.
What would add to the base cost of stamping concrete?
1. MORE THAN ONE PATTERN ....................ADD $3.00 PER SQ. FT.
2. A BORDER PATTERN .........................ADD $3.00 PER SQ. FT.
3. ADDING MULTIPLE COLORS WITH STAIN ........ADD $5.00 PER SQ. FT.
4. 6" THICK CONCRETE FOR A DRIVEWAY .........ADD $2.00 PER SQ. FT.
5. SMALL PROJECT - UNDER 400 SQ. FT. ........ADD $2.00 PER SQ. FT.
6. HAVING TO PUMP THE CONCRETE ..............ADD $800.00 DOLLERS EACH USE.
What's not included in my price for stamped concrete?
1. Any earth work like removing grass and trees
2. Preparing, grading, and compacting the sub-base
3. Looming the edges or fine grading after the stamped concrete is completed
Stamping concrete is a specialty, an art, in our business. There are a lot of concrete flooring contractors that "try" to do stamped concrete. I would
recommend getting at least 3 estimates and checking their references before choosing your stamped concrete contractor. Go look at their work, talk to their customers, make sure you have a good feeling about Him or Her before you hire them.
Stamped concrete will last for many years, looking great, if done right and maintained properly. You should only have to clean it, by hosing it down, a couple times per year, depending on its use, and re-seal it with concrete sealer every 2 - 3 years.
Here's what you can expect to pay for some other types of concrete applications.
SEE MY CURRENT PRICE LIST - HOW MUCH DOES CONCRETE COST PER CUBIC YARD.
WHAT IS THE COST OF CONCRETE? A GREAT EXAMPLE!
HOW MUCH DOES A CONCRETE SLAB COST?
HOW MUCH DOES CONCRETE STAINING COST?
HOW MUCH DOES A CONCRETE PATIO COST?
HOW MUCH DOES A CONCRETE COUNTERTOP COST?
HOW MUCH DOES CONCRETE POLISHING COST?
HOW MUCH DOES CONCRETE STAIRS COST?
HOW MUCH DOES COLORED CONCRETE COST?
HOW MUCH DOES A DECORATIVE CONCRETE OVERLAY COST?
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
Click to Subscribe
Search This Website
LEARN HOW I BUILT THIS WEBSITE WITH NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE
That's us Pumping a slab!
That's us Pumping a slab!